This is round 96 of the ongoing series Travel Photo Roulette. I won the last round, hosted by Melissa at Where’s the Go?, so that means it’s my turn to play host.
I’m currently on the east coast of the USA, experiencing the what seems like pretty much the worst winter ever. The snow and negative temperatures just keep piling up, and it spring is still a long, long time away. When the weather is this ridiculous, there’s nothing you can do but make the best of it – instead of staring longingly at pictures of tropical beaches, I’ve decided to embrace life in a seemingly eternal cold-snap.
That’s why I picked the theme of this round: ‘Frozen’. So channel your inner Elsa, let it go, and show me your best pictures of ice, snow, and all things cold.
Winner: Linda at Journey Jottings“On my recent visit to Scotland we woke on this cold January morning to a crisp white hoar frost coating the hedgerows and the top of our stone wall and gate.”
I love the details of the delicate frost in the early morning light, and the patchily frosted landscape in the background. It feels like the type of morning where I can’t resist exploring, even though I know it will be freezing.
Jeremy at Living the Dream:
Lance at Travel Addicts
Juergen at dare2goThe first sun rays hitting the Perito Moreno Glacier in Patagonia. We camped the night there in our RV, I actually jumped out of bed when I saw the light, grabbed my camera together with a few clothes and out the door I went…
Tom Bartel at Travel Past 50The Matterhorn, Black and White: That’s all snow and ice. I took these from the cog train that chugs up the mountain from Zermatt to Gornergrat. One view after another.
Carole at Travels With Carole and Berkeley and BeyondThis sweet chapel is part of the Ice Hotel in Quebec, Canada. It is made entirely of ice and snow. A bar where I sipped a colorful cocktail from a carved-out ice cube glass is adjacent.
Jerome at Travel Boldly
Cross-country skiers – traverse a frozen lake in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho, USA. Photo: copyright Jerome Shaw 2009
This is a photo from the 2nd day of a 10 day haute route x-c ski trip through the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho. We lived in snow caves that we built each night along the route.
Adam at Street Food World Tour
Frozen Trees in the Namib desert. These trees have been turned to stone and frozen forever in the dried lake bed in the middle of a sand dune field.
Carrie at Jetways
One of the last places you’d expect to find something frozen is in the desert. Morocco really surprised us with how diverse the climates were within the country. We went from sand to snow in a matter of minutes when we drove through the high atlas mountains.
One submission per blog.
Abstract pictures are fine, as long as I can see how it relates to the theme!
New or old photos are fine, as long as they haven’t been entered in a TPR round before.
Keep it PG-13 – or at least safe for work, please.
ALL PHOTOS MUST BE YOUR OWN.
Talk about Photo Roulette! When tweeting about it, don’t forget to use the #PhotoRoulette hashtag.For hosts: Keep phrases general so that all bloggers can participate. Instead of a specific place, like ‘the Eiffel Tower,’ go with something like ‘monuments.’ Abstract thoughts are appreciated, but keep it within the realm that all readers will understand.
How to Submit a Photo
Just leave a comment with a link to the image! And tell us if there’s a story behind the picture, and how it fits the theme.I’ll add the submitted pictures to this post, so check back to see them all!The contest runs for 7 days starting February 19th and ending March 1st..
Here’s how it works: the winner of each round of Travel Photo Roulette hosts the next round on their blog. That host picks the winner, who hosts the next round. It’s a chain of travel-photo-goodness that’s been running for over four years!
Travel Photo Roulette: Previous Rounds
1. Living the Dream Animals
2. Skinny Backpacker Road Signs
3. Dream a Little Dream Street Art
5. Over Yonderlust Landmarks
6. Don’t Ever Look Back Beaches
7. ThePlanetD Portraits
8. Travel with a Mate Motion
9. Johnny Vagabond Water
10. Ken Kaminesky Urban
11. Travels of Adam Friday Night
12. Itchy Feet Chronicles The Journey
13. Brendan’s Adventures Changing Seasons
14. Shutterfeet Storytelling
15. 10 Times One Piousness
16. Beached Eskimo Learning
17. Travel Junkies Architecture
18. Destination World Transportation
19. Living the Dream Paradise
20. Vagabond Quest Clothes
21. The Unframed World Symmetry
22. Beached Eskimo Home
23. BackPackerBanter Inspiration
24. WanderingTrader Darkness
25. Finding the Universe Tranquillity
26. Fearful Adventurer Food
27. Adventures of a GoodMan City
28. Globe-Trekking.com Reflection
29. Scene With A Hart Framing
30. Vagabond Quest Silhouettes
31. Hecktic Travels Music
32. Globetrotter Girls Love
35. The Art of Slow Travel Blue
36. Ten times One Depth of the Field
37. No longer hosted
38. Nomadbiba Sunshine
39. Travel With Kat Local Character
40. The Travel Bunny Street Scene
41. Adventure Crow Spirit of the Country
42. Food Travel Bliss Evening
43. Matt Gibson Adventure
44. Flashpacker HQ Once In A Lifetime
45. Skinny Backpacker Surreal
46. 2away Smile
47. Bridges and Balloons Excellent Splendour of the Universe
48. The GypsyNester What the ?!
49. Runaway Juno Sweet
50. GQ Trippin Play
51. Life’s Little Victories Friendship
52. Breakaway Backpacker Face
53. Fly, Icarus, Fly Serendipity
54. Travel Transmissions Lost in Thought
55. Wanderlusters The Natural World
56. Travel Junkies Patterns
57. Living the Dream Your First Time
58. Getting Stamped The Sun Goes Down
59. The GypsyNester Cheesy Tourist Diversions
60. Boomeresque Revolution
61. Breakaway Backpacker Colorful
62. Around This World Mountains
63. Passports and Pamplemousse Hands at Work
65. Keep calm and travel The Sea
66. Travel Photo Discovery The Market
67. Am I Nearly There Yet? Travel Fails
68. The GypsyNester Weird Regional Foods
69. Sophie’s World Trees
70. SHOuTography Party
71. Adventures of a Goodman Ruin
72. Have Blog Will Travel Light
73. This World Rocks Crowds
74. Travel Past 50 Competition
75. The Working Traveller Working
76. Travels with Carole Umbrellas
77. Independent Travel Help Quirky
78. Quit Job Travel World Statues
79. Nomad is Beautiful People Sleeping
80. Backpack Me Mouthwatering
81. 20 Years Hence The Face of A Nation
82. Two for the Road Into the Wild
83. TurtlesTravel Summer!
84. Adventures Around Asia Candid
85. Travel with Kevin and Ruth Hiking
86. Till The Money Runs Out Transport
87. The Crowded Planet Wild World
88. ZigZag On Earth The 4 Element
89. Travel Addicts Heritage
90. Living the Dream Your Grand Adventure
91. Getting Stamped Inspire
92. Flashpacker HQ Viewpoint
93. Adventures of a GoodMan WOW!
94. ZigZag On Earth Roads and Tracks
95. Where’s The Gos? Street Art